you are a seasoned investor or would simply like to learn more about investing
in real estate, Signature Properties is qualified to help you. Having lived and worked in the area for over
thirty years, we bring a “Real Estate Marking Network” together for the benefit
of customers’ and clients’ real estate purchasing and selling needs unlike any
Signature Properties has RLI ALC and GRI Associates as members on its
team providing designations earned by completing rigid required course work beyond
the State required real estate licensing courses. And the Licensing requirements in Texas are already recognized as the toughest of any in
the United States. Some of these designations require millions
of dollars of verifiable transactions before the designation can be earned and
awarded. This has not only upgraded Signature
Properties knowledge via advanced course curriculum that provides our clients with
many advantages, but these designations also provide us with memberships affiliations
that provide an on-going source of new ideas, customers, and clients looking to
buy or sell to one another.
GRI Members: The GRI designation stands for Graduate
REALTOR® Institute (GRI). The
GRI symbol is the mark of a real estate professional that has made the
commitment to provide a high level of professional services by securing a
strong educational foundation. REALTORS®
with the GRI designation are highly trained in many areas of real estate to
better serve and protect their clients.
Choose a REALTOR® with a GRI designation?
property is a complex and stressful task. In fact, it's often the biggest single
investment many will make in their lifetime. At the same time, real estate transactions
have become increasingly complicated. New
technology, laws, procedures and the increasing sophistication of buyers and
sellers require real estate practitioners to perform at an ever-increasing
level of professionalism. So it's more
important than ever that you work with a REALTOR® who has a keen
understanding of the real estate business. The GRI program has helped the best and the
brightest in the industry achieve that level of understanding. When you see the letters "GRI"
after an agent's name, you can count on receiving the knowledge and guidance
you need to make your transaction go smoothly. In short, you can count on getting the best
service available from a real estate professional.
- Nationally recognized as top performers in the real estate industry.
- Have dedicated their time and money to bring you the highest quality service by taking professional real estate education. Graduate REALTOR® Institute designees have made the commitment to provide a high level of professional services to their clients. The GRI curriculum incorporates a common body of knowledge for progressive real estate professionals. A REALTOR® who possesses the GRI designation has not only completed a course of study required by the program, but also subscribes to the Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- Have taken at least 90 hours of specialized real estate related courses. Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) is the designation awarded by state associations to members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® who successfully complete a predetermined course of study.
- Are up to date on the latest real estate trends and issues. Any person awarded the GRI designation must be a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and must maintain that membership to retain the designation. The GRI Designation was established by the Education Committee of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and approved by the NAR Board of Directors on February 12, 1974. It was amended and approved by the Education Committee in January, 1992.
RLI Members: The ALC designation stands for
Accredited Land Consultant. ALC's are a
part of the largest trade organization in the world and of the premiere land
real estate organization, the REALTORS® Land Institute, which has
been serving the nation's land real estate professionals and their clients for
over 50 years.
Choose a REALTOR® with a RLI designation?
and sellers in today's complex land real estate market need professionals who
provide up-to-date knowledge, a variety of real estate services, and ethical
real estate practices. In short, they're
looking for real estate professionals who hold the esteemed Accredited Land
Consultant (ALC) designation. Clients
who want to purchase, sell or exchange land, know they need to rely on a leader
in land brokerage when making the most valuable decision of all - who will be
their land broker? The Accredited Land
Consultant (ALC) designation is important to REALTORS® Land
Institute members and to their clients for many reasons.
- First, the designation is awarded by the Board of Directors to members who have completed a comprehensive program of education and service to the Institute who can provide verifiable proof of millions of dollars in sales and numbers of transactions. Only ALC's may use the accredited logo in their brokerage correspondence and marketing pieces.
- Second, ALC's constitute a network of recognized specialists throughout the United States. ALC's serve the public in its need for land related real estate services. ALC's ensure that clients will find the best possible parcel for farming, development, recreation and a myriad of other specialized uses. The ALC network is a valuable resource for buyers and sellers.
- As land professionals, ALC's know current market values. They work diligently to secure the best sale or purchase price for their clients. Also, ALC's assist buyers and sellers in such areas as finance, leasing and land management. To be safe, secure and satisfied, buyers and sellers are encouraged to work with an accredited real estate professional - one of REALTORS® Land Institute's Accredited Land Consultants.
CCIM Members: The CCIM designation stands for Certified
Commercial Investment Member; a rigorous program covering residential and
commercial real estate investments, combining academic study with actual
investment transactions on behalf of clients. A number of Signature Properties’ associates are
currently working toward their CCIM designation to further enhance the internal
office skill base.
Selecting Investment Property: Signature Properties can help you
define your goals for real estate investing, including your needs for income,
appreciation, and tax benefits, as well as your willingness and ability to
manage the property yourself or hire Signature Properties as your property
manager. Based on our careful analysis,
we will then begin to identify properties that match these criteria. We will examine a property’s financial
performance using spreadsheets that allow us to plug in and evaluate various
scenarios. While examining an investment
with us, we will work with your tax advisor and help you define a long term
exit strategy based on your desired investment horizon or holding period.
Commercial, Agricultural or Residential:
Signature Properties has extensive experience helping our clients buy
and sell residential income properties, from single family homes to duplexes
and four-plexes, through multi-unit apartment complexes, strip malls, open
land, ranches and office buildings. We’ve
negotiated purchases, leases and sales of offices, warehouses, industrial and
Tax & Estate Planning Strategies:
Depending on your unique circumstances, a broad array of tax advantages
may be available to you, including depreciation, personal residence tax
exemptions, tax deferred exchanges (called 1031 exchanges or Starker
exchanges), and certain write-offs. It
may be possible for you to reposition your assets to better suit a change in
your financial circumstances, or even to create new estate plans for your
heirs, without any immediate tax liability. We would be happy to meet with you and your
tax adviser to help you take advantage of these strategies.
What is a “cap rate”?
property’s capitalization rate is a calculation of the relationship between the
property’s price and the rate of return it generates, given its income less
certain expenses. Cap rates vary widely
across various property types, geographic locations, and under different
interest rate and business environments. We’d be happy to share with you the kind of
cap rates available in today’s markets.
has been said by many that selling real estate is easy. “Put up a sign and the buyers will
come”. But, it’s not that easy, and
without proper guidance many fail with real estate investments. If it were easy everyone would be doing
it. But Signature Properties is that